Individual Giving Associate- Fundraising Department
ABOUT THE ‘WHY’
WITNESS believes in the power of effective civic media to protect human rights and drive social change. As advocates and visual storytellers, we know the power of media and technology to amplify marginalized voices, hold abusers accountable, and catalyze movements. We are a global hub of innovative problem-solvers committed to maximizing the potential of the 21st century’s most powerful tools for defending human rights.
For the past 26 years, we have supported activists in more than 100 countries and built trusted networks with grassroots communities, lawyers, and technology platforms – ceaselessly innovating to accelerate human rights and maximize civic participation. We are at a pivotal moment where we have the opportunity to exponentially expand our influence and reach, and are building a dynamic communications team to help lead the way
ABOUT THE ROLE
The External Relations Department is committed to growing WITNESS’ brand and support globally, raising significant resources to expand our reach and drive greater impact at the intersection of video, technology, and human rights.
The Individual Giving Associate provides administrative support to the Individual Philanthropy team and assists all aspects of individual philanthropy, playing a critical role in engaging and increasing WITNESS’ network of funders and allies. The Associate will help drive all vehicles for engagement including implementing annual fund campaigns, coordinating events, conducting research and managing our ‘moves management’ and new leads systems, processing donations and acknowledgement letters, maintaining the CRM system, and keeping lists and moves management interactions up to date and actionable.
- Support all aspects of the design and the implementation of the Individual Philanthropy donor engagement and fundraising strategies;
- Systems: Support, help coordinate, streamline, and maintain all donor management systems, including a new leads systems, a moves management system, Salesforce management and other systems, such as a communications resource data base;
- Engagement: Help organize and coordinate all donor engagement, including tracking moves, creating reports, creating, analyzing, and maintaining donor lists and groups;
- acknowledgement letters, donation processing;
- Communications: Help frame and design creative, consistent, and effective donor communications, including compelling cultivation emails, online updates for major donors and reports; marketing and outreach materials.
- Events and Vehicles: Play a key role in designing, supporting, and organizing vehicles for individual donor engagement, including programmatic briefings, fundraising dinners, programmatic panels, to deepen and expand our donor networks;
- Annual Fund: Coordinate annual fund and peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns for all non-major donors; manage and expand existing network of monthly donors;
- Research: Handle all major donor and corporate research;
- Field: Keep up to date with trends and spaces relevant for WITNESS from a philanthropy perspective;
- General Administration / Donor Processing: Manage the administration of all gifts: processing, tracking and acknowledging gifts using our donor database; ensuring accurate and timely recording of all pledges, gifts, contact information and reports; and liaising with Finance;
Focus for Change Benefit
- Support all donor engagement, outreach and fundraising around the annual Focus for Change Benefit including coordination with sponsors and guests, conducting and coordinating research, developing outreach materials and messaging, sending invites, letters and emails, and tracking RSVP lists and fundraising efforts;
- Support the Focus for Change event administratively.
- Provide departmental and administrative support to External Relations team.
- Keep up to date with trends and spaces relevant for WITNESS from a philanthropy perspective;
- Support Finance with the management payment portals as related to revenue;
- Events and Strategic Partnership Manager; Executive Director, Communications team,
- Program team, Executive Assistant
- Annual Fund Donors, Major Donors, Corporate Supporters
Position Requirements: *
The ideal candidate will have the following professional skills, experience and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree and 2-3 years of experience.
- People and Project Management: You are a highly organized and effective project manager that loves spreadsheets, lists, and coordinating to get things just right.
- Communications: You are an excellent creative writer with strong copy-editing skill. You are comfortable communicating with external audiences and have strong interpersonal communication skills. Ideally, some experience with MailChimp or a similar email platform.
- Work Habits: You are a self-starter who is highly organized with superb attention to detail. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance culture and have the ability to multi-task and troubleshoot when projects shift unexpectedly. You are reliable, energetic and motivated. You have good judgment and consistently meet deadlines. You enjoy improving systems, tracking the details and optimizing workflows.
- Skills: You are an expert in Salesforce, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have experience working with other applications and CRMs such as Classy;
- You have excellent project management and organizational skills with an eagle eye to detail.
- Human Rights/Advocacy: You are genuinely enthusiastic about WITNESS’ mission and have a basic understanding of human rights and/or video advocacy.
- You have strong analytical and budgeting skills;
- You have familiarity with managing websites and html, especially WordPress;
- You’re an effective team leader with the ability to execute on strategy, and guide, prioritize and motivate;
- You have experience with event planning and management;
- You are talented with visual media skills, such as graphic design or video editing.
START DATE: Immediate
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York
TITLE: Individual Giving Associate
SALARY: Commensurate with experience, with an excellent benefits package including generous vacation package
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, send your cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and contact information for 3 references to jobs[@]witness.org with the subject line “Individual Giving Associate” [Your name]”.
Please include a cover letter. We are really interested in hearing about what you’ve done, what you can do, and what you want to do at WITNESS.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; early applications encouraged. Please note that due to the volume anticipated, we will not be able to respond individually to each applicant.
We kindly ask that you do not send duplicate applications via mail or email, and no phone calls.
WITNESS is an equal opportunity employer. People of all ages, races, ethnicities, national origins, religions, genders, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, and individuals protected by any other statuses under federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to, disability, marital, domestic partnership, familial, caregiver, transgender, military or veteran statuses, are encouraged to apply.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.