ABOUT THE ‘WHY’
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Philanthropy Assistant(PA) provides administrative support and assists all aspects of institutional giving and individual philanthropy, playing a supporting role in engaging and increasing WITNESS’ network of philanthropic supporters, strategic partners, and other allies. The PA will provide administrative assistance, maintain and track progress across all fundraising and resource mobilization, assist in the execution of vehicles for donor engagement events, including all systems management, track and implement annual fund campaigns, track online fundraising engagement analytics, conduct philanthropy and donor research and manage our supporter contact databases and engagement systems as they relate to revenue, including data entry, donation tracking, and keeping information up to date for donors, foundations, and governments. Processing donations and acknowledgement letters, maintaining the CRM system, and keeping lists, portfolio actions, and moves management interactions up to date.
Individual Philanthropy/Strategic Partnerships/Institutional Giving
● Data management: Assist and support in the implementation of the Institutional Giving, Individual Philanthropy and Strategic Partnership strategies including moves & CRM management, events, travel and special projects, philanthropy or strategic partnership operations, research, and communications;
● Event & Cultivation Support: Support the organization and administration of fundraising and cultivation events across the ER Team (including webinars, dinners, briefings, and panels) to raise WITNESS’ visibility and inspire, inform and grow various constituencies;
● Donor & Partner Communication: Create relevant donor and partner materials and maintain a resource database. Draft compelling emails, notes and updates to supporters and partners.
● Portfolio Support: Lead on cohesive portfolio and supporter administration, tracking engagement and moves; creating reports, acknowledgement letters and cultivation pieces; calendarizing events, conferences, and travel, and ensuring consistent and engaging touch points throughout the year;
● Gift Administration & Processing: Manage the administration of all gifts (foundation, government, and individual): processing, tracking and acknowledging gifts using our donor database; ensuring accurate and timely recording of all pledges, gifts, contact information and reports; and liaising with Finance;
● Annual Fund: Coordinate annual fund and peer-to-peer fundraising campaign outreach and administration; Coordinate, engage, and expand existing network of monthly donors;
● Research: Handle and oversee all institutional giving, major donor, strategic partner, and corporate research; Keep up to date with philanthropy, technology, and human rights trends and spaces relevant for WITNESS;
● Strategic Partnerships: Provide administrative support and support the cultivation of corporate partnership and sponsorship outreach and strategies.
● Institutional Giving,
● Individual Philanthropy
● Events & SP Manager teams
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: *
*Other categories may be relevant and may be added.
How to Apply:
To apply, send your cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and contact information for 3 references to jobs[@]witness.org with the subject line “Philanthropy Assistant” [Your name]”.
Please include a cover letter. We are really interested in hearing about what you’ve done, what you can do, and what you want to do at WITNESS.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled; early applications encouraged. Please note that due to the volume anticipated, we will not be able to respond individually to each applicant. We kindly ask that you do not send duplicate applications via mail or email, and no phone calls.
WITNESS is an equal opportunity employer. People of all ages, races, ethnicities, national origins, religions, genders, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, and individuals protected by any other statuses under federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to, disability, marital, domestic partnership, familial, caregiver, transgender, military or veteran statuses, are encouraged to apply. Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.