01: Preparing to Film
A Five-Part Series
How to Film a Protest
Watch the videos below or select the titles to watch on YouTube
This series incorporates the best practices we’ve developed with our partners in over 80 countries over the past 20 years.
This resource is part of WITNESS'
8 Resources for Video Storytelling, a package of materials to help filmers safely and ethically document human rights abuse.
- Filming Protests & Police Abuse
- Mastering Depth of Field With Your DSLR
- How to Preserve Your Videos
- How to Make Videos for Change
- Video as Evidence: Basic Practices for Capturing, Storing and Sharing
- Ethical Guidelines for Using Videos in Human Rights Reporting and Advocacy
- How to Film a Protest
- How to Film with a Mobile Phone