Our Legal Video Advocacy Project offers trainings, resources and partnerships with advocates, lawyers and incarcerated individuals to use video to help reduce client sentences, and advocate for decarceration through clemency and parole.
- 19 December | News and Events | WITNESS | No comment
State governor João Dória originally defended the police's actions, but the images captured by eyewitnesses have since forced him to change his story.
- 12 November | News and Events | WITNESS | No comment
WITNESS has signed onto a joint statement of solidarity calling to stop the attacks on democracy and media activists, as well as other individuals-at-risk, for their expression online.
- 06 November | News and Events | WITNESS | No comment
WITNESS joined InsightShare, Engage Media and Video Volunteers in hosting the 2019 Video4Change Grassroots Gathering in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 17 October | News and Events | WITNESS | No comment
WITNESS facilitates community-level discussion and national level convening to support inclusion of perspectives from Brazil in global discussion on deepfakes threats and solutions.
- 19 September | News and Events | WITNESS | No comment
WITNESS is joining the new 'Steering Committee on AI and Media Integrity' of the Partnership on AI that will provide governance to the recently announced Deepfakes Detection Challenge launched by Facebook, Microsoft, Partnership on AI and leading academic as well as future similar initiatives.
- 22 August | News and Events | WITNESS | No comment
As WITNESS continues to innovate and evolve in increasingly complex human rights landscapes, we are excited to welcome two new women onto our board who bring expertise in misinformation, technology, and philanthropy.
- 26 September | News and Events Success Stories | Dalila | No comment
Two founding members of our partner group, Coletivo Papo Reto visit New York to talk about their use of video combatting police violence and counter mainstream narratives about favelas in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 21 July | News and Events Success Stories | Dalila | No comment
Last week a federal court ruled the Mexican state has a constitutional obligation to respect indigenous land rights and consult indigenous communities.